Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!

archiveKenya

in Short

Covid-19 IMF approves aid to Kenya and Uganda

The International Monetary Fund announced Wednesday that it has approved $ 739 million in emergency financial aid to Kenya to help the country weather the health and economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic. It has also provided $ 491.5 million in aid to Uganda for the same reasons, it...
in Short

Kenya Declining economic growth

Kenya's economy slowed somewhat in 2019 to 5.4%. This overall decrease is 0.9% because in 2018, Kenya's growth was 6.3%. Finance Minister Ukur Yatani said the decline was due to the slowdown in the agriculture, manufacturing and construction sectors. According to Finance Minister Ukur Yatani, agriculture fell to 3.6% in...
in Short

Kenya Kerlink deploys

Kerlink, specialist in solutions dedicated to the Internet of Things (IoT), and CityTaps, a French company whose ambition is to improve access to running water in third world countries, announce their association on April 23 in a project to supply running water to households in developing countries. The first deployment...
in Short

Kenya Safaricom records a 70% rise in data usage

With the coronavirus epidemic and widespread containment, the Kenyan telecom operator Safaricom reported on Tuesday 14 April a 70% increase in the use of data on its network. The company, a subsidiary of Vodacom, explained this surge by an increased use of streaming, teleworking and social networks....
in Short

Kenya Ergon Solair to build 40 MWp solar plant in Kisumu

Ergon Solair Africa, the subsidiary of the American company Ergon Solair PBC, has obtained the approval of the Kenyan authorities for the construction of a 40 MWp photovoltaic solar power plant in Kisumu county in west Kenya. The installation will be operational in 2023, according to information relayed by Afrik...
in Short

Kenya-Covid-19 A revolutionary solution for Covid-19 test kits

The Kenya Medical Research Institute (Kemri) has just found a revolutionary solution to the Covid-19 test kits. Researchers have converted existing machines used to test tuberculosis, avian flu and HIV into machines to test the coronavirus. Which earned them WHO distinctions. Kenya will thus be the first country in Africa...
1 2 3 10
Page 1 of 10